Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Candy Creatures

I had to get the rest of the Halloween candy out of my house.  Seriously.  I'd consolidated it and put it on top of the refrigerator but it was still calling to me - and the girls.  (Somehow, I came upstairs last weekend twice to find the bucket down on the counter with wrappers around it, but no evidence as to how the girls got it down.)  So, this is what we decided to do:
My favorite was the "Weight-Lifting Almond Joy Man" (top right).  Syd liked the "Graduation Dog" (bottom right).  Maya liked them all.  =)
The process was pretty easy.  Unwrap your candy and dump it in a bowl. 

Provide toothpicks to help stick the pieces together and let them make whatever creature they can come up with. 

Of course, they wanted to eat it, but my compromise was that they got to pick one that they could share after dinner.  The rest went in the trash. 

Candy that worked really well - Dots, Starburst, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (can't believe we had any of those left), Almond Joy (what kid likes Almond Joy anyway?)
Candy that didn't work so well - solid milk chocolate (i.e. Hershey's), candy corn (I was surprised by this), any of the "airy" candy (i.e. Kit Kat, Crunch, etc.)

This may become a new Halloween tradition - I'm just not going to let the candy taunt me for a week before we break out the Candy Creature activity again.  Post-Halloween Day 3?  


No comments:

Post a Comment